Imagine reading a book that describes a wildly overpopulated planet where government bureaucrats run everything and enact the following:
- One child policy enforced by federal agency with thuggish officers
- Strict food rationing
- Encouraging of homosexual relationships ("It's Sapien to be homo")
- Affirmative action and other preferential treatment for those who choose homo lifestyle.
- Family is not the center of society (it's discouraged and considered criminally selfish)
- War has been abolished
- Religion has been abolished
- Other stuff I'm forgetting
Seriously guys, time to dump Ayn Rand and get a dystopian novel to rally around. You can't really be an opposition unless you have slogans from a poli-sci-fi book to put on your protest placards. That way you can walk around for eight years marveling at how "this is just like The Wanting Seed!"
You'll also want to not pay attention to the last 2/3 of the book to see what happens when this crazy government collapses. (Imagine Afghanistan run by Catholics where restaurants serve human flesh.)